New and improved features:
The PDFlib 10 release contains bug fixes and improvements, and new features, including the following:
- Colour fonts and emoji
- Import form fields, annotations and actions with PDFlib+PDI
- Fill existing form fields, e.g. populate text fields
- Overhauled and extended annotation support
- Video and sound with Screen annotations and Rendition actions
- Full support for PDF 2.0 according to ISO 32000-2:2020
- Simplified colour management
- Optimised PDF output
- Improved SVG import
- Convenience programming features
- Updated Pantone colour libraries
- Extended pCOS interface for querying PDF objects
- Tagged PDF and PDF/UA improvements
- Usability improvements in the PDFlib Block Plugin
- Networking support via PDFlib API method
- Updated and improved language bindings
- Modernised code base and enhanced code security
This version can be used to check your application for deprecated API and PDF features. Identifying and removing deprecated features from your application code is strongly recommended in order to avoid incompatibilities with future PDFlib versions.
An updated version of the PDFlib Cookbook with hundreds of programming samples will shortly be published. It adds several code topics and updates dozens of existing topics.
Your PDFlib experts
Greatstone International's team of PDFlib experts have extensive experience in successfully delivering and maintaining PDFlib projects. Please contact us today if you have any questions about implementing the new version of PDFlib for your business.