Aspose.Cells is a class library that developers can use as an alternative to Microsoft Automation. The principal reasons why this is a much better way of dynamically interacting with Spreadsheet Document formats are:
- Processing Speed
Aspose.Cells is available for the following platforms:
- Aspose.Cells for .NET
- Aspose.Cells for Java
- Aspose.Cells for C++
- Aspose.Cells for Android via Java
- Aspose.Cells for SharePoint
- Aspose.Cells for JasperReports
- Aspose.Cells for PHP via Java
- Aspose.Cells for Node.js via Java
- Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services
Automation with Aspose.Cells
Automation with Aspose.Cells allows application developers to perform several dynamic document processing tasks with many spreadsheet document formats including DOC, DOCX, Microsoft Excel formats (XLS, XLSX, XLSB, XLT, XLTX, XLTM, XLSM, XML), OpenOffice formats(ODS), Text formats(CSV, TSV), Web formats(HTML, MHTML), Numbers formats(Apple's iWork office suite Numbers app documents) Fixed Layout formats(PDF, PDF/A, XPS), Data Interchange formats(DIF), Image formats(JPEG, PNG, BMP, SVG, TIFF, EMF, GIF) without using Microsoft Excel or any other 3rd part component.
The benefits of using Aspose.Cells in development projects are:
- Conversion: High quality two way conversions of XLS, XLSX, XLSB, XLT, XLTX, XLTM, XLSM, XML, ODS, CSV, TSV, HTML, MHTML, Apple's iWork office suite Numbers app documents, PDF, PDF/A, XPS, DIF,JPEG, PNG, BMP, SVG, TIFF, EMF, GIF Document formats
- Document Object Model(DOM): Dynamic access via an API to all document elements and formatting allows you to create, modify, extract, copy, split, join, and replace document content programmatically.
- Rendering: Convert entire documents or single page extracts to PDF, XPS or SWF for a server-side generation. Pages can also be converted to TIFF, PNG, BMP or EMF images, print or render pages to .NET Graphics. With supreme fidelity with the need of Microsoft Excell.
- Reporting: Generate documents or reports from scratch or by filling templates with data from data sources or business objects.
- No Microsoft Cells Automation
- Platform independence
Aspose.Cells can be used to build any type of a 32-bit or 64-bit application, including ASP.NET, WCF, WinForm. For .NET Aspose.Cells can be used via COM Interop from ASP, Perl, PHP and Python. You can also use Aspose.Cells for .NET to build applications with Mono.
Performance and scalability
Aspose.Cells is multi-threaded and can be used to develop both server or client-based solutions. Developers do not have to worry about any other services or modules. They can literally generate thousands of documents in minutes with Aspose.Cells and applications that involves opening a document, modifying content and formatting or populating it with data and saving it. Even most of the complex documents can be opened and saved.
How we can support you
Have more questions about Aspose.Cells? Get in touch with our team of experts who can help guide you in the best products for your business or project.